Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Last Few Months

Well, as you know, I am a sporadic blogger. Thus, making this blog another "catch up" blog!

We moved. Again. Yes, I know we move a lot. Let's just call it adventurous! I have felt with each move that we were always one step closer to where we are really supposed to be. I am feeling that more and more now that we are in Portland. We landed in the sweetest little community of Portland called St. John's. I have never come across such a great community and everyone I have met has been incredible. This community has welcomed us in like we are family. It is quite refreshing.

While we were in Klamath Falls, Matt took the first job he could get his hands on as we were desperate for some income. He got the glorified position of Car Salesman. Woohoo! This job unfortunately meant working 70+ hours a week and was not worth the very little income it was bringing in. While we were there we had Matthew Sterling Hicks Jr. on January 24th at 9:06am. He was 8lbs 14oz and 22" long. I got to have my sweet little boy at home and I am incredibly thankful for that experience. It really was beautiful.

Sterling's Birthday
June 2012 (Clara: 2yrs, Sterling: 4 1/2 months)



Matt was allowed to have only 3 days off of work to be home to help me with the kiddos and was working long hours after that. It was really hard on us. So, Matt started looking for other jobs. He was offered a position with normal business hours and a better salary in Portland. He currently works for Zone's Inc. in IT sales. It isn't his dream job, but it is a much better situation for our family and we moved to an incredible city because of it.

So, here we are. And I think we are going to be here a while. We really love it here. Come visit us! It is a beautiful place to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment