Thursday, August 2, 2012

Summer Time!

We are enjoying summer in the Pacific Northwest very, very much. For those of you in Kansas City enjoying the 100+ temperatures and high humidity, I will try not to mention the 75 - 85 degree weather with a light breeze and hardly any humidity. I would hate to make you feel jealous! (Or maybe I should so you will come visit me!)

We absolutely adore our neighborhood here in Portland. The sense of community and giving without expecting anything in return is almost unreal. I can hardly believe it at times. I am so thankful for the community that I have here. I have met some of the most happy and genuine people. They make me happy. That's right, you know who you are ;)

So far this summer we have been to the zoo, Detroit Lake, Salem, Silver Falls, blackberry picking, and a lot of time outside getting messy with Clara's "frins." We look forward to visiting Bend, the coast and fitting in as many family activities as we can before Matt starts school.

That's right! Matt is starting school...again. This is it. We promise! Matt begins the Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine program at the National College of Natural Medicine (http://www.ncnm.edu/) at the beginning of September. We are all really excited about this decision and feel like it is a really great fit for our family. I hope to go back to school when the kids are a bit older to get a degree in nutrition. We look forward to working together and helping people be healthier.

And big news for the kids as well! Clara is fully potty trained. She trained herself of course. In the middle of finger painting she shouted, "Mommy! Poop!" So we got down from painting. She went on her potty chair and that was that. She has not had a dirty or wet diaper since then. Our budget thanks her greatly!


And little "Shoney Man," as Clara calls him, has broke two teeth on the bottom, is getting better at sleeping, and is pushing himself up on his hands and knees now! Big guy! And he jabbers constantly, something about, "blah, blah, blah, blah, blah."



My kiddos are cute. I enjoy them very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment